Before you come to the first day of iTeach, please do the following:
1) Confirm your iTeach account and introduce yourself.
2) Sign up for Twitter and Dropbox.
3) Download and install Chrome and Firefox if you haven’t already
4) Update Java. Not sure how? Try this link.
5) Update your operating system.
6) Download and read Chapters 1 & 2 of Understanding by Design, then take a look at our iTeach “Stages of Design” worksheets, what we call the “UBD Tree”, and our worksheet for future planning, but note that we will be working on these pages during iTeach, and you don’t need to fill them out prior to attending.
1. iTEACH COMMUNITY INTRODUCTION
a) confirm your account by clicking the link in the email,
b) change your password, and
c) post a short introductionInstructions for the above activities can be found in this shared document (you will need to login to your UA Google account to view): http://distance.uaf.edu/go/
2. SIGN UP FOR TWITTER AND DROPBOX
Also, set up a Dropbox account if you do not yet have one: http://dropbox.com.
3. DOWNLOAD and INSTALL (or UPDATE) FIREFOX and CHROME
- Chrome - http://google.com/chrome
- Safari – (Pre-installed on Macs)
- Internet Explorer – (Pre-installed on PCs)
4. UPDATE OR INSTALL JAVA
5. UPDATE YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM
If you have ANY problems with these items, please don’t hesitate to call me. You can also call any of our other designers. Our contact information is located here: http://idesign.uaf.edu/team/
The entire team is looking forward to iTeach! See you Friday.