Another excellent weekend of useful learning …THANK YOU!
Here is a sample of some stuff I found useful and did not know:
1) You don’t have to pay for, or even install software on your computer to make reliable screencasts (http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/ )
2) mp4 is generally better than avi for video, png better than jpg for images
3) audio quality is just as important as video quality, avoid floating heads, bright shirt, etc.
4) you can hyperlink to your google sites in blackboard
5) google sites have a file cabinet container object
6) you can easily create a visual map of the student network connections of a blog or discussion forum..SWEET!
7) linking or embeding youtube videos in a blackboard site is easy
8) Elive—Best Practices–use a companion computer and sign in at 28.8 speed so you see what the student may experience
9) Elive—Better to start a half hour before class to minimize startup time problems
10) quizlet.com is a interactive flash card website, useful for courses such as dendrology, anatomy, history, etc.
11) The website https://www.teachingchannel.org/ has thousands of teacher-hours of experience and some great teaching tips